visudo: write error: No space left on device

Hi All,

This is Sandeep Gupta,

I am facing a problem with sudo command.
Whenever i am executing the command "visudo" i am getting the error "visudo: write error: No space left on device".
but i have checked on my Solaris Box [SunOs 5.8] everything is ok, i have enough free space on my box, and also have enough free INODES.
When i use " vi " command to open the sudoers file, its accessible, but not able to do any changes in the sudoers file.
I have attached the screen shot of the required commands and output.
Please find the attached file, for your reference.

Please help me, I need an urgent help.....

Thanks,
Sandeep Gupta

Please post the output of:

truss -f /usr/local/sudo/sbin/visudo 2>&1 | grep Err

Hi,
Please find the output of the given command.

Ok, now:

truss -f /usr/local/sudo/sbin/visudo 2>&1 | grep "open(" | grep "= 6"

Hi,
Please find the output of the command.

df -k /usr/local/sudo/etc
df -i  /usr/local/sudo/etc

And:

df -k /tmp
df -k /var/tmp

It won't hurt checking them but the file system full message the OP is reporting is not referring to these directories.

Hi,

The output of the all 4 commands are.

We need to see if you have used up all of your free inodes on the disk with problems
Try

/usr/ucb/df -i /usr/local/sudo/etc

Solaris tries to be everything to everyone, and it can get in the way. df -i is a BSD-ism as far as Solaris is concerned.

or

/usr/bin/df -F ufs -o i  /usr/local/sudo/etc

The system disk is probably ufs

PS: it looks like your system disk is getting full. This is not good. You need to do something really soon, like now.

Make sure user directories/files are NOT on the system device, that they are all mounted on another different filesystem.

Hi there,

I think this is because when you create a filesystem by default there is a 5% space reserved only for root. Your / filesystem is now 95% so you reached that limit.

Two options:

• Modify the 5% with tunefs, look for the minfree parameter (only temporary solution). to see the actual value do:

fstyp -v /dev/dsk/<logical device name>

• free some space (Recommended)

Hi,

Any update for the issue.

Hi, we are waiting for your update.