Virtualize SCO 5.0.6 with Microfocus COBOL - Help needed

Hi all,

I am trying to virtualize a running SCO 5.0.6 system with microfocus cobol installed.

I have already managed (thanks to the people in this forum) to install the operating system.

I dont have the cobol installation media anymore. I have copied (using cpio) all directories from physical sytem to virtual.

But when i execute cobrun (the cobol runtime) I get following message:

dynamic liner: /opt/lib/cobol/rts32: error opening libmbcs.so.2.0
Killed

The file libmbcs.so.2.0 is already in that path, any suggestions ??

Thanks in advance and best regards

You can check the permissions of the file and see if the process you are executing has the permissions to read (and execute) the library file mentioned in the error message.

The problem is that you do not have the license manager running, or you do not have a valid license file.
You should have a script in /etc/rc.d/7 called mflmscript that starts the license manager.
Even if you have this script, you still have to re-install the serial number and activation key for the cobol license.
One of the files in the cobol distribution contains the inode number of one of the files in the installation.
By just copying the files, it is almost impossible to have that file restored with the same inode number that it had on the original system.
Do you know the version/release of Microfocus Cobol that you have?

Hi all,

We are running OCDS 4.1.40
I have reinstalled the micro focus license administration services, we do have a valid license (running in the machine that we want to virtualize and retire) but I don't seem to be able to export it.

Cheers