vio in linux

I am working in AIX. In a P series machine both aix and linux os can install.. specific command is there for aix to list out the vio servers details mapped in a frame(ie. lssrc "IBM.ManagementServer", like that..) is there any command is der to list out vio servers details in linux or how to find out the vio in linux machine

Regards,
muralikrish

There is not VIO style thing in Linux (VIO exists because VIO is a product designed using dedicated proprietary HW+SW). So, Linux is an operating system like AIX (though you could have multiple VMs running through the KVM module) and you can do hardware inspection with some utilities like:

• lspci
  • lsusb
  • hwinfo
  • dmidecode
  • lshw

The tools that might be there for hardware querying can vary. See also: NTLUG | Articles / ExploringHardware

If your Linux is running VMs, you can do: virsh list to see them and do a man on virsh to get more commands you can do to query the virtual environments.

(I may not have been too clear, the reason you usually have VIO is so you can break the IBM host into multiple LPARs, which is why I sort of likened it to running VMs inside of Linux... but they are very different things)