Verification of the Boot Block

Guys,

I have a rusty question that I need help with. It has been a while since I supoprted Solaris boxes. I have several hundred solaris systems running Sol 8 and Sol 10. I built the original 250 but they have added several hundred more and I am seeing issues with these boxes that I need to do some verification on. I had a hard drive fail, which is normally not much of an issue as we use Veritas and have a root and mirror configured but I found that on these boxes they were not setup correctly so the disks are missing the boot block on the mirror so they will not boot. I followed the steps to add a boot block but unable to complete that. So what I am trying to do is run a script on the boxes that will verify that both the root and mirror have the boot block on them. So I know which ones I need to perform work on to have redundancy back in place.

Thanks in advance.

One way might be to use dd to copy the boot block sectors to a temporary file and then compare the contents of that file with the corresponding /usr/platform/.../bootblk using cmp or some other utility.

If you don't find the way to verify the boot block why don't you just re install them all...

It is very fast/easy process and you'll ensure all your systems will have the boot block correctly installed.