vb 3.0 Upgrade Discussion

Please discuss vB 3.0 upgrade or ask questions here.

Neo

Change is the only constant - how I hate it.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I did notice that code seems clearer - which is very nice. Easier to read
such as back ticks - or maybe that's just me.

set max=`awk -F"[ :]" '{max=$7*3600+$8*60; print max}' test.txt`

The moderator panel is nicer :slight_smile:

http://www.unix.com/modcp/index.php?

I *think* that things seem easier to read because of the white background of the default skin. But I'm not sure.

Neo, I see that clicking on faq takes us to a menu where you seem to have a link to the rules. Can you add another item to that menu? Namely, a link to our FAQ Forum, perhaps labelled "Frequently Asked Technical Questions" or something.

While correcting my spelling of "white" (*blush*) I see that we can preview while editing a post!

Perderabo,

I cut and pasted the rules into the new FAQ section. I'll make a link to the main FAQ forum as well. (Done)

FAQ The UNIX and Linux Forums?

Neo

Seems very nice indeed - although it wouldn't let me log in - I had to reset my password and then change it back again?! :confused:

I agree that things seem a lot easier to read and navigate

Cheers
ZB

FYI
There used to be a way to change/edit avatars under USERCP - Edit Options.
Now there is a Edit avatars but this doesn't seem to let you do anything if you don't already have a avatar.

Also, I noticed the options for which style has changed (since last night). Now it's down to 3 choices.

[On validation queue --- validated by Perderabo]

Check to see that you have all of your options turned off. I can get into the Calendar and see birthdays for each day. I didnt try to schedule and event, but I saw the buttons there!

Not sure I like this validation queue, though I think I understand its purpose. But still, I would like to see my posts show up right away rather than have to wait to see them. Somewhat annoying.

Another thought - Neo stated earlier that the moderator panel is nicer - yet, I didn't know we had a moderator panel before! Is it actually new to this version?

Yeah, it was there. I checked it from time to time. Some bug resulted in posts showing up there once in a while.

I think I found the problem. vB3 as much more granular moderator permissions and I've not yet figured them out, but I think I have fixed some of the earlier problems. Some of the permissions did not translate over. Let me know if problems still exists.

Hi Neo,

Now I don't see the Moderator forum! :slight_smile:

Cheers
ZB

Try it now and let me know either way....

Thanks Neo, that's done the trick.

Thanks,
ZB

I thought i'd accidently browsed to misticriver.net :slight_smile:

Yeh, it's cool.

Let me know if you find other problems. The access masks did not translate propertly during the upgrade. For a while, all the vB2 moderators were translated to "banned users" in vB3 LOL.... what a laugh!

If you get any "new permissions" let me know so I can take a look!

Don't know what changed since this morning but now, no matter what skin I pick, I get 2 inches of wasted space on either side of the browser window - fills in with the skin theme instead of filling in with what's important - the questions/forums. Does this mean we all get new monitors?

I'm getting the same thing - looks like the forum is in Print Preview :smiley:

If you're buying, i'll have a 21" TFT!

I got a 17" for Xmas/Birthday - I figured Neo would be buying!