Using ufsdump and ufsrestore

HI Gurus,

I have a sunfire V445 server running SAP ECC 6.0 with an Oracle database on Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9). I recently completed a ufsdump to tape of the following files:-
/,
/usr,
/oracle,
/export,
/sapr3,

I want to restore these files from tape onto a different server of the same type maintaining my current system configuration. how can I do it using ufsrestore??

didn't you miss the /etc directory?

read the manpage fpr ufsrestore... there are nice examples!

oops my bad. I have it on tape. just forgot to list it in the email. can you confirm that I can use ufsrestore to setup a new server with the exact configuration using the following commands:

ufsretsore rvf /dev/rmt/0n /
ufsretsore rvf /dev/rmt/0n /usr
ufsretsore rvf /dev/rmt/0n /etc
ufsretsore rvf /dev/rmt/0n /export
ufsretsore rvf /dev/rmt/0n /oracle
ufsretsore rvf /dev/rmt/0n /sapr3

no i can't verify it... cause i haven't done something like that before! the commands seem to be ok, but you have to test to get proper results!

good luck,
DN2

I used the ufsrestore command to restore all my files from the tape media but I am having trouble booting my server. I get the following error messages:-

checking ufs filesystems
/dev/rdsk/c0t4d0s3: I/O error
Can't Open /dev/rdsk/c0t4d0s3: I/O error
/dev/rdsk/c0t4d0s3: CAN'T CHECK FILESYSTEM
/dev/rdsk/c0t4d0s3: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY

WARNING-Unable to repair one or more filesystems
Run fsck manuallly (fsck filesystem...)
Exit the shell when done to continue the boot process

Type control-d to proceed with normal startup,
(or give root password for system maintenance): DHCP negotiation failed, perhaps misconfigured or no DHCP server available
DHCP negotiation failed, perhaps misconfigured or no DHCP server available

how can I repair my solaris system in this case?

bring the server into single user mode and run fsck -Y on the specified targets.