Using sendmail to send Outlook Meeting invitation

Hi,

I am using the following code to send mails to desired recipients about a batch job notification.

(
echo "From:" "Database Server"
echo "To:" ${MAILTO}
echo "Subject: ${SUBJECT}"
echo "MIME-Version: 1.0"
echo "Content-Type: text/html"
echo "Content-Disposition: inline"
cat $CONTENT
) | /usr/sbin/sendmail -t

I need to tweak this code so as to send Outlook meeting (appointment) invitaions to recepients rather than simple mails to them. Is there any option in sendmail to achieve this ? If so, how can I give the Start-End times of the meeting in sendmail ?

Thanks & regards,
Sabari Nath S

sendmail can send anything SMTP/eMail based. The only problem is to send it in the correct format. Outlook uses for such appointments simple emails that have an attachment in the vCalendar format.

Hi,

I was able to send mail from my AIX server to Outlook with a vcs file as attachment. But the mail does not come as an invite, instead it comes as a mail with an attachment and only upon opening the attachment, the recepients are able to see the meeting details. I was expecting the mail itself to come as a Meeting Invite. Hope you understoo what I meant.

Thanks,
SNS

Try sending yourself a meeting invite and open the message with something else than Outlook (eg. Thunderbird), since with Outlook it's impossible to look at the source of a message.

With a bit of digging I found this