Using CSH and need to convert html to PDF

Hi,
I am currently using the below code and it throws an error saying badly placed ()'s. I am not sure if this right way to convert html to PDF, please help..I am using C-shell script

system ("../html2doc pdf 1000 portrait html$prnfile.html $prnfile.pdf ")
print "Content-type:application/pdf \n\n"
create(file,"<$prnfile.pdf")

html2pdf tool you can find here wkhtmltopdf

Usage :

$ html2pdf in.html out.pdf

Hi

Thanks for reply, All I need to do is just install that tool and run the script over there

---------- Post updated at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:59 PM ----------

hey i installed the tool and run the unix script it says html2pdf is undefined variable..can you explain in detail how it works please

What exactly did you do? How exactly did you install it?

it doesn't work, it doesn't help in resolving my problem, i am actually lookin for c-shell script o generate pdf not any external tools

You did not answer Corona's question, if you do not answer our question it doesn't even help us to understand your requirement, I believe that C-shell itself doesn't have inbuilt feature to convert html to doc even. So you need to depend on external tool or else you can write your own code for conversion utility.

I stopped using csh in the early 90's and it doesn't really surprise me that it may have evolved over the past couple of decades. But system() and create()! In a shell? :eek:

I definitely need to go read a current csh man page sometime soon. Which version of csh should I target?

Hi.

My guess is that lakers646 is confusing the c language with csh ... cheers, drl