User's Home directory ownership is changing Automatically

Hi ,
on my Solaris 10 machine user's home directory ownership is being changed automatically to their UID. can any one please tell me whats the reason behind it .
users are there in /etc/passwd file . /etc/shadow file is also there along with nssswitch.conf file and there is no changes made to nsswitch.conf file . it has stand alone storage system not network file system involved in this.

Thanks

:smiley: This is natural and usual. A user's home directory will always be owned by the user. Where's the confusion in it?

they are owned by their username not by UID .

The OS recognizes a user by its UID. The name is useful to human being, not to the computer. So it's the same. How are you checking the permission? Can you check with the following?:

ls -ld /export/home/user

Are you facing any permission/access related issue? (I am sure you are not)

user home directory is owned by user itself . and its username name is mapped with /etc/passwd file where its uid reside. but my problem is its ownership is changed to UID which was previously owned by username. command which i am using for viewing ownership is ls -ltr .

You need to start explaining from the beginning to help us understand the issue better!