User process information and idle times

My company uses a proprietary GUI to its business system (Strategix) which runs on Windows clients, whereas the back-end runs on a SCO OpenServer 5.0.6a server.

We're moving to a new business system next year and the business is growing and we're running out of licences on Strategix and making our users frustrated when they can't get in. However, with a new business system looming, I'm reluctant to spend �2,000 per extra licence.

I wanted to use the "idleout" facility of SCO to kick out users who were idling along, but Strategix uses a proprietary software interface that doesn't allow me to use the traditional UNIX facilities like "idleout" or "who" or "finger -i". Instead, it comes with it's own binary executable called "adwho", but all that does is list the user and the module in Strategix they are using.

I can use "ps -ef" or "ps -u" to get some process information, but nothing to help with clearly identifying who has been idle for x minutes.

Has anyone got any brilliant ideas?

Cheers for any help.

Mark

It sounds to me that the SCO system is used as a file server, and a license server, and that the users do not actually log into the SCO system.
My guess is that you will have to write a Windows application to resolve this.