User creation problem

Hi,

I am getting tired in creating several users in a day. Can anyone have a script to create several users in the same server, as well as, to create one user in several servers.

where i have to put script and how to run the script.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance

To create several users on a system, create one in smit and then use F6 before you commit / hit enter to see the command so you can script it.

If you want do do this for several systems then let us know what tools you have that can do this like ldap, nis, rsh, Etc.

1 Like

create one in smit and then use F6 before you commit / hit enter to see the command for script.. where do i put this script..can u elaborate it..

I usually place my scripts in /usr/local/bin then create an alias to execute it from any directory.

can you give the script.. and how to set alias to execute the same from any directory..

Can you explain in step by step..Please...

I don't have a script to set up users, but here is an example of using the alias command

alias lawobjmv="perl /lsf1/law/logan/edi_bin/lawobjmv"

You would place it in your .profile file in your home directory. Also do man alias to get more information on how to use it and how it works. Good luck.

1 Like