User Account Sync

Hi All,

I want to know is there any way where if i add a user in a centos machine the can be replicated to another centos automatically.
As i have setup DRBD with heartbeat for apache webserver everything is working fine but the only thing im stuck in is about system account for ftp.
Can any one help me on this thanks.

Regards
Vicky

You can do some of that with Puppet, or you can use a central login server with NIS or LDAP.

But wht abt the local account on the other machine once the primary node goes down it promotes the secondary node as the primary but wht if the accounts are not thr in /etc/passwd or /etc/groups or /etc/shadow file it wont authenticate the users.

Can I buy a vowel? Please don't abbreviate things, especially ones that don't actually have a customary abbreviation. It will make things harder for people who are not used to English, but might otherwise be able to help you.

If you have a central login server, using LDAP, NIS, or some other means, and you have automounted remote home directories, it won't matter if you change machines. The home directory is managed by a different machine, so the user is automatically in sync.