use sunexplorer and vmcore analysis result instead of vmcore dump file itself.

in solaris 8 environment,frequently os panic happened and someone advise me check vmcore.:frowning:

for crash dump facility can we use SUNEXPLORER data collector package including with analyse result of vmcore like [ strings vmcore.1| more]?

It may provides panic message included program counter address, perhaps

enough. Only difficulty for vmcore is its size (every segment almost 8GB) and thereafter collection is complicated.

or,can any one help me to know about how to make analyze for vmcore? any documentation (at least alert / log level) is enough.

any help will Cordially appreciated.

Please , let me know alternative will be feasible or not.:confused:

do you have a service contract? if so, you may have hands on to the "EIS-DVD". if you install your server with the sun guidelines there will be a tool installed called "ACT (Automated Crash analyse Tool)". after a panic this tool gets all the usefull information from the coredump to an ascii file... i don't know if you can download this tool at sun...

good luck,
DN2

you may have said it in the post but i'm having a hard time following your thoughts. anyway, if you have a support contract with sun, d.l and run explorer to collect the data. ftp to the sunsolve site and they can analyze it for you.

Thanks , I am a newcomer so may be I cannot express my need accurately. this is a test system of our group and no service contract for it.

I am trying with ACT and then make feedback forum. Thanks cordially again.