Use a new file name from the file list

I want to create a korn script keeping in mind the following

Everytime i run the script,it should delete the old file name and instead use the new file name from the list below
eg

My file list shall look like this

Filename.01012004.txt
Filename.02012004.txt
Filename.03012004.txt
Filename.04012004.txt

Everytime i run the script,it should delete the old file name and instead use the new file name from the last above.

I am running this script in informatica as a pre session command.

Please help

I think examples would help here...

What do you mean, "old file name"? Do you mean there's gonna be a file called Filename.03012004.txt and you want to rename it to the current month (Filename.04012004.txt)?

Do you just want to move the file (rename it) or do something else?

-----
Also, I'm not familiar with informatica and what it does...

Sorry about that.It was a typo mistake.

I will try to make it more clear

In my directory, i have several files starting from Jan1,Feb1,Mar1 and so on. This is a File List

Lets suppose we are in the month of Jan and the file we are using is Jan1.txt.

Come February,

I want to use Feb1 file and i want to do is without manually changing the old file name to new file name when i run the script in Feb

Informatica is a Data warehousing tool with wich you could clean and transform the data.

If you're trying to compute the current date into a date-stamped filename, why not something like this:

#! /bin/ksh
filename=$(date +%b%e)
print -- ${filename/ /}.txt

In ksh (Korn Shell), and bash as well, you can set the variable "filename" to the date command (see man date for more formatting options). When I just tested it, I had a space in-between "Mar" and "1". So when I use the variable "$filename", I place it in curly braces, and add "/ /" - this tells my shell to echo the variable contents out, substituting the space with nothing, essentially removing it.

To be honest, I don't know if this will work with /bin/sh, or even with Posix shell, but it works with ksh and bash, as far as I know.

Thanks Man