US timezone changes Mar 2007

Hi

As per Suns guide, I have installed the 2 patches that are required to prepare for the US DST change. The first patch updates the zoneinfo database in /usr/share/lib/zoneinfo and I can test that the patch has worked by running the following command

zdump -v US/Eastern | grep 2007

The second patch is a patch that makes changes to the libc library for POSIX based timezone stuff. Which I have applied and rebooted

My question , How do I test that the libc/POSIX patch has worked???? .... What command can I use to see if the date has changed ? As I say testing the zoneinfo patch is easy...but this one has me stumped

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Gary

See [thread=35535]Understanding Unix Timekeeping[/thread] which has a perl script that I used for testing.

I assume you find some 'off time', or a non-production machine and actually set the system clock to some time just before the time change is suposed to take place (after disabling cron). THEN watch it change.

Also, With Solaris (and lots of other systems), JAVA has it's OWN timezone files that need changing (patching) ! Sun has a 'tzupdater<xxx>.zip' on it's site.

Oh, I forgot ! That's some SERIOUSLY GOOD info, and a really cool testing script !!

And I assume all the Solaris folks are busy updating for the latest BUG found in Java - Bug ID 6466476. Read that bug and 6530336 for info.

Here is the info from 6530336 (as of this posting):

Hi hcclnoodles,

Can u say what are the two patches that u have updated. what guidde did u refer for this

thank u

There is a link to our search function on every page. I put in "dst patch", clicked around the results a little and wound up on this page: http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-26-102775-1