Urgent help needed - shell script

Dear friends,

I am trying to prepare a shell script which do the following task. Being a beginner in scripting I need a bit of help from you all for shell script which does the following job.

1.Check for existence of a file in a shared directory (at some remote location ) once in a day
2.Load the records from the file to the correct table via SQL Loader
3.Invoke SQL Plus via command line to run some update queries that are required before running the Server Task
4. And finally, run the Server Task via command line.

I don't have much knowledge of comparision functions , how to invoke cmd line and run sqlldr cmd for getting records in a table. Hope someone help me out.

Thnx
Aru

Can we have a look at what you've done so far and the specific problems you're experiencing?

Cheers
ZB

I am just in the beginning phase... being unfamaliar with the scripting stuff, I posted to get some help.

As far as concept is concerned.

I need to ftp the files from remote server to my local server ( solaris box) -> this I have done.

I am doubtful how to use sqlplus and sqlldr command with in unix shell script to execute those comands.

Any help regarding running sqlplus and sqlldr cmd would be of great help. Don't want anybdy to write code for me , just need how to use these in a shell script so as to execute these utilities.

if you Search these forums for either 'sqlldr' and/or sqlplus' - it should give you a good starting point.