Unix Newbie

Dear Any&All

I am really new to this Unix stuff, having bashed away at coding with VC++ for years. What I'd like to know is, what Unix OS would be best to start on...I've had a look around and there seem to be a few.

Lindows
Linux
Redhat

Which is the best to learn on? Can anyone help guide me the right way?

Many thanks in advance :wink:

Ahh, so you've never seen unix before and you want advice on UNIX/Linux? You want to know what is the latest version of Unix? and which flavor to start with????

Never fear .. you aren't the only one who's a newbie to Unix and needs info! To download a version, just see this lame question.

And get a clue ... read the answers to frequently asked questions and use the search function. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I could do all that...but if I just ask really nicely, someone will post some links and point me exactly where I need to go.

Now who would do a kind and generous thing like that?

Sarcasm....Genius :wink:

Cheers anyway :cool:

hahaahha oombera, nicely put.

the problem with youth today....

in my day you would be shot for asking questions. i had to walk uphill bothways in a blizzard with speratic torrent rains. then when i get to the library i would be forced to read all the books befor i can open my mouth.

ohh that was a harsh harsh summer of '69.

Oombera has waaaaay toooo much time on his/her hands...

He either needs a better hobby or a more time consuming job...

:rolleyes:

was just having a bit of fun kelam ... there's always a critic .... :stuck_out_tongue:

Fun fun fun. But very informative :wink: