UNIX Network timeouts

Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction regarding a UNIX setting that determines when a network connection will timeout? I am getting network timeouts and I would like to know if there is a setting in UNIX 11i OS that I can modify to increase the time limit.

Thank you

See this thread about TMOUT setting. It's more the timeout set for user sessions but may be what you are looking for. Also realize your network folks can set timeouts on their equipment to kill sessions (Normally it's set rather high but could kill off a session that was doing an upgrade of a server).

If that doesn't help, please explain further what you are experiencing and need.

Thanks for the reply. Here is further information:
We are not using the UNIX for accounts, therefore, no profiles.. For that we use a Windows 2000 server. The only thing the UNIX is for is housing a Library automated software package, its our catalogue. We use client software which is similar to a telnet session. The vendor says that the application does not have any timeout settings. The Windows server timeout is set for 144 minutes.
The UNIX is in a DMZ of a Cisco PIX 515 firewall. I am not part of the IT team that handles this device.

Allan

"UNIX 11i" doesn't make sense. I guess you mean "HP-UX 11i". If so, the network parameters are controlled by the ndd command. "ndd -h supported" will give a list of the parameters you can change. Then you can get more info about a specific parameter by using something like "ndd -h tcp_ip_abort_interval". The -h just displays text and won't change anything. Complete documentation on ndd is available by typing "man ndd".

Thanks for the reply. I am currently reviewing ndd to see if I can locate a network timeout setting.

Tnank you