UNIX files to XLS

People,

I am wondering if there is a Software(Filter) that can convert my UNix text file (delimeted text file) to Excel, for my business users to launch and see.

Thanx

Zia

Copy unix text file to Windows using FTP, and then from Excel open the file - make sure in excel you specify that the file type to be opened is text; a wizard will help with the rest.

I used to do this all the time with a variety of delimited files.

You can import any delimited text file in to Excel. This is straight from the Application.

1 Click Open .
2 In the "Look in" box, locate the drive, folder, or Internet location that contains the file you want to open.
3 In the "Files of" type box, click Text Files.
4 Double-click the file you want to import.
5 Follow the instructions in the Text Import Wizard to specify how you want to divide the text into columns.

There will be an import wizard that will ask you how to import the text file. Just give it the delimiter that you wish to use and the rest should be fairly easy to understand.

:smiley:

NO friends ! I do that today. i.e FTp'ing down and opening it in excel.
Is there a utility or package that can be run on unix box that can convert this text file on the HP box.
Point is I can then automate this process by Ftp'ing the file to the webserver from my shell script.

This reports are being accessed by business users and i want to elminate any manual process of opening it into Excel and then emailing or FTping it later.

Thanx

Click here for a page from a guy who claims to have an answer. I haven't tried this stuff. If you do, post back and let us know how it goes.