UNIX CO command for file version history

Hello :slight_smile:

I'm a newb when it comes to shell scripting and was wondering about a command(s) for a script that could be used to checkout a certain number of version/revision histories of a file. I know for the latest revison you "co filename" or for a certain revision number "co -r*.* filename" but what about a specific number like latest 2, 3, 4 or 5. Like that. Hope that makes sense.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, any links that are useful to read up on this that would be of great help. Thanks in advanced.

co is not a generic unix command. I suspect you're using a revisioning system like cvs or subversion but don't know which one you're using, do you have more information?

Yes am actually using RCS-Revision Control System to keep track of different versions of various files. I'm trying to check out the latest revision history of each file. I don't want all the revision history when checking the file out, only the latest versions like the most recent two or three versions of that file.