UNIX career path

Hi All,
This question is regarding career path. I was not sure about which forum I should drop it, so putting it here.
I have 12 years of experience on UNIX i.e. majority of Solaris and some of Linux (Suse & Red Hat). Since starting I have been working on 100% administration side and I am not from programming or development side, but was able to learn writing small and simple scripts to automate my tasks in my environments.
Its been so many years working on disks, OS, Veritas, Clusters, hardware, remote support, performance bottlenecks in odd hours. I understand that system admin is having endless scope, but I am in India and here profile gets saturated (as well salary) after a point of time. I also want to enhance and learn more on my knowledge. Few of my friends suggested me to go with TOGAF certification/learning (The Open Group Architecture Framework). I tried to google it, but I am not sure if that is correct path to go with, for a Solaris System Admin. Also, I don't see much of help on this on internet and it seems it is more bencficial for Developers, programmers and people who are working on software life-cycle.
I am less keen towards management side, which is adopted by most of technical people here after good 10-12 years of experience. I want to be remain on technical side.
I hope I can get few suggestions on this forum from so experienced people. I would appreciate help.
Regards