Universal Repositories for All Linux Distros

Is it possible to use Other Distro's ( i.e Debian's or Ubuntu's ) repositories in Fedora?

If not then what should be done to make common repositories for all linux distros.

regards,
Arun Maurya

fedora uses rpm packages, so it wont work with debian apckages
even further, mixing repositories is a very (and pardon my frecnh) stupid idea
each distro packages their own apps in diff ways. ven from fedora 8 to 9 there are many important differences that make what you want , well, a bad idea

dependecies are different also
i wanr you, if you install a rpm not ment specifly for your distro, you might damage your system beyond repair

Debian / Ubuntu has limited support for installing RPM packages via the "alien" utility. It comes with pretty much the warnings broli already gave, but for a simple user-space utility, it works just fine. The most common problem is that different distros have different conventions for where a package should store library files, startup scripts, cron jobs, etc. If it's just a simple binary in /usr/bin with no package pre/post-install scripts or funky configuration files, you should be able to cope (but then you might as well recompile from source and make your own package for your own distro; there are tools for doing that automatically at least for Debian-based distros).