Unable to transfer files from xp to linux

hello to everyone, need your expertise with regards to linux. one of the systems engineer in our project created a ftp account in redhat linux. i'm using xftp for file transfer, the given ftp useraccount were able to login in the ftp browser, but the problem occurs when transfering files from xp to linux box and promt the status "error" message.

What could the possible cause??? the ftp account is also the owner of the folder & text files that are being transfered.

hope someone could help me, thanks

What is the exact error message?

[img=http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6917/ftperrorlv7.th.jpg]

this is the actual screen shot of the ftp session

hi im trying to post the screenshot of the ftp session. the only error is 553 file could not be created.

if you do have an email add i can send you the screenshot. thanks sir

please send exact command u r using.

553 is a permissions issue. Are you sure you're putting the file in a directory that the user has access to? Have you asked your systems engineer?

file name or sizes restrict?

im using a gui 3rd party application "xftp". I also tried othe application but reply's same error.

If you are not allowed to upload files, it is quite likely a server configuration issue. Probably the systems engineer forgot to allow you to upload files, or you need to cd to a special directory on the server where you do have permissions to upload stuff.

I agree .... check the permission of the directory where u r trying to do the ftp .... it shall be drwxr-xr-x ( 755 ).

Regards
AJ