unable to ping to my server

hi,

I setup a Solaris machine in my server room and my client cannot access it. Can anyone advise?

Test that i have done:
-My client pc cannot ping the server.
-My solaris server cannot ping client
-My solaris server can ping it's gateway
-Another NT machine 1 (10.179.30.26) in the server room can ping and telnet my solaris server.
-i use another NT machine 2 in the server room, replace with solaris machine's IP,subnet and gw, i can ping client pc and client pc and ping the NT machine.

server
IP=10.179.30.15
subnet=255.255.254.0
gw=10.179.30.1

client
IP=10.179.20.134
subnet=255.255.254.0
gw=10.179.20.1

Regards
royston

On your server, run netstat -nr and post its output.

Hello Skiturn,

I agreed with Otheus when he says that you should print the output of "netstat -nr"

You telling that the server on the same network can ping and access I think about routing problem (Maybe both networks are not talking....)

But you telling also that if you change your Solaris for a Windows starts to work.....
This is strange if we consider network Issue.

But if you also say that the machine on the same network can access and ping the server.... maybe you should take a look for this routing....

Regards,

I rarely comment on other people's answers, but this one seems so off-base (or completely ambiguous at best) as to warrant retraction.

I agree otheus and I was also unhappy with the spam link in the "home made" signature.

Post edited.

bobdavid00 - Consider this your one and only warning. If you post commercial links again without prior approval you will be immediately banned.

EDIT - Scratch that. You are banned!

I think the subnet mask is wrong. He's using a 23 bit mask but looking at the gw it looks that they are trying to use a 24 bit subnet.

I noticed that, but it looks like everything is a 23-bit mask. That is, it should work with 23-bits just the same.

first sorry for the late reply, work has gotten in the way. :slight_smile:

Are you sure about this? If you are on a 24 network using a 23 bit mask it's not going to work. Looking at what is posted it looks to be a 24 bit network.

It should work as long at the 23rd bit is a 0 anyway and you're not relying on broadcasting.