Eg., username == abc
login as: abc
abc@server.com password:

==================> hangs here no "#" prompt for further execution

But when i use "root" login its fine
Any other daemon need check? please suggest

@Priya_Amaresh ,

Hi, Which OS / version ?

Can you su/sudo to user abc when logged on as root ? (if so , is the behaviour the same/different) ?

What's the user credentials on the host ? - are they restricted in some way ?

What's their login process ( scripts etc)? (bash assumed!) .bash_profile, .bashenv, .profile ....

any other users (other than root) on the host that you can test?

Is this a new user , new issue , new host etc ...

Hi @Priya_Amaresh,

Please share the command that you're using to log into the server.

I've seen behavior similar to what you're describing when logging in using a method that doesn't start an interactive shell.

This can easily be tested by doing whatever you are doing today and trying to run a command; e.g. ls, after the password prompt.

If the shell responds and is simply not displaying a prompt string, this may very well be the case.

I usually run into this when I do things like running a shell as a remote command with ssh; e.g. ssh ${REMOTE_HOST} /bin/bash. Depending on client environment configuration, you may see different results with -T, -t, and -t -t which influence pseudo TTY allocation. (Check the ssh man page for details.)

If this is not what's happening, then we will need more details like munkeHoller asked about.

I could also be a permissions issues which can be solved in many ways the easist of which is listed below.

as root

chown username: /home/usename/*

the reason that I use the astrix on thew end of the command is because it might help.If ti doesn't work the second solution is listed below.

chmod -R /home/username/*