Unable to connect Wireless

I have managed to install Broadcom BCM43228 Wireless adapter on a laptop running CentOS 5.9 using instructions at:
wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless/Broadcom

I had the problem "Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A): SET failed on device... mentioned on the same page and solved it following the instructions at:
wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/NetworkManager

After reboot the NetworkManager is enabled showing all the available networks. However, with regular user the request for default keyring password was popping-up again and again and was not accepting any password. I logged in as root and was able to set the keyring password.

When I select the network from drop down menu of NetworkManager a pop-up shows up asking for:

Authentication required by Wireless Network
Password or encryption keys are required to access the wireless network 'blade'
Wireless security: WPA & WPA Personal
Password:

It fails to connect even I verified the SSID and password is correct which works fine under Windows 7.

I have also tried to configure system-config-network GUI but unable to activate the wireless adapter (eth1) and cannot File->Save the setting with the following error:

Component: system-config-network
Version: 1.3.99.21
Summary: TBf6c835f4 NCHardwareList.py:482:save:AttributeError: HwWireless instance has no attribute 'type' ...

I also found the following link and now confused (establish a Wifi connection at system startup (without login)...). Do I need to use wpa_supplicant or NetworkManager?
forums.oracle.com/thread/1118672

Can anyone please help to resolve this issue.