ultra enterprise 3000

I have been trying to install a few different distributions on this server, i have 1 sparc 250 mhz, 512 ram, it has a scsi with the built in ethernet, ive tried debian, bsd, with no luck, i can gentoo live cd to run and work with the ethernet, but i would like a normal distro, anywaysi have solaris 10, after messing with the different version my disks are clean with no partitions, solaris goes through all the setup options but when it comes to the disk it says there is no partitions, how do i create partitions with ether the installer or through open boot prom ? i would appreciate any help thanks....Joel

If you have Solaris 10 for Sparc, then the install should automatically set up partitions (or give you the option to set them up manually). You can't set up partitions from OBP.

sounds good, yes i have solaris 10 for sparc, but every time it says can not find partions, i will give the exact error it gives in a few minutes, i am attempting install again

this is what it gives me ?

One or more disks are found, but one of the
following problems exists:

> Hardware failure

> Unformatted disk.

alrighty i got it installed, but now i cant get the twisted pair ethernet to work any ideas ? to i have to add some code to the hosts.conf ? i would rather have debian on here :frowning: