ufsrestore T5240

Hi Friends

we have sun T5240 server, we have taken ufsdump of this server remotely with scsi tapedrive, If we need to do ufsrestore means what we have to do, since T5240 has not having scsi port, any procedure is there?

Regards
Rajasekar

Hi Rajasekar can you please tell me on what situation can ufsdump be used? i am new to solaris...

Explain your setup. how did you make the backup via SCSI? if the server does'nt have a SCSI port?

What I assume is that you used a tape drive connected to an other system.
Or you can connect the tape drive to an other system and via that system do a ufsrestore.

ufsrestore -ivf server:/dev/rmt0

Hi,

Scsi Tape drive is connected with other Sun V440 Server, i have taken the root filesystem ufsdump through ufsdump -0uf servername:/dev/rmt/0n /

if we need to do ufsrestore the root filesystem means need to boot the server using bood cdrom -s then mount the root slice in /mnt and then ufsrestore -rvf /dev/rmt/0n

My query is if we booted the server with cdrom ( single user ) means whether i can able to access remote tape drive
ufsrestore -rvf servername:/dev/rmt/0n this command will work?

Rajasekar

you cant access the system / tape drive when you're in singale user mode. you have to either you nfs mount to remotely restore from your local machine to the remote tape drive connected on another system (eg V440)

1. Boot from CD
  2. Start network services
  3. access remote drive or use NFS to restore