/u01 is full as shown is system messages but not on ground

In my alert log I have encounter some new messages which actually solve the issues for now and alert log it says “active session history performed an emergency flush this may mean that that a ASH is undersized if emergency flashes are a recurring issue both ASH size and the total number of emergency flashes since instant start-up can be monitored by running the following
select total_size ,Flash_emergency_count from v$ASH_ info

Once that message got a appeared I have successfully mounted the instance and then open the database on second node I have also checked my ASM and now I am able to connect to ASM instance as well so maybe the whole story was this flushing of ASH repository to whom it was saying that’s that -/u01 file system is full so please offer your comments as I am not sure that issue is completely resolved

Issue raised again and I have down the cluster and will restart machine

The trouble when using cp -r ... is that you may find yourself copying multiples times the same files recursively and filling up a filesystem... but in most case multiple copies because cp will not recreate links... they will be replaced by the linked files...
Either use tar or like I do, using find and cpio... like : find . -print | cpio -pduml /dest-dir

Then who are you when copying? most imported FS don't allow for security reasons root except read only

about the rest, are you sure its not the raw device that is short of space?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.