two routers

It is possible to connect wireless router that has 4 ethernet connections [ if that matters ] and WAN connection with regular router that has UPLINK and WAN and 4 ethernet ports?

Basically its no Problem to connect two routers via Ethernet Interface. But the question is WHY you want to connect two routers? What does they route? Routing Packets from one to other?
Or do you just want to get a bigger switch by cascading two routers?

Give me more infos bout it and I can give you the right answer

nETworkfre@k

Hi,

Thanks for replay.
More details: I have 4 computers [ "regular" router has 4 connections ], but I also have a two laptops: one that does have a wireless card inside, and the other that doesn't. By connecting these two routers I would have enough ports to connect all computers. Also, it is very important to have "regular router" connected straight to the Internet, because I am running server and the Wireless router does not make loopbacks. That is, when I open a port in wireless - I am unable to access to server within my network - but people not in my network can access it though.

Regular router: Linksys [ model BEFSR41 ]
Wireless router: U.S Robotics [ model USR8054 ]

You should be able to chain then together just fine using the Uplink port and a normal CAT5 patch.

Hi,

What is CAT5 patch?
Also, can you explain in detail how to do that. I never have done so before.

Kasia

CAT5 is just normal ethernet cable.

What you need to do is connect router1 to router2, as if router2 was just another PC.
Take a piece of ethernet cable (not a crossover cable) and plug on end into the uplink port on router1 and the other end into an ethernet port on router2.

Hey,

What else do I have to configure and how, anything in router1 or anything in router2?

Thanks,
Kasia

It should JustWork (tm)

it works! but..but now all my neighbors have access because it is not secured in any way. plus, i cannot access to the wireless' 192.168.... site from any computer. how should I solve this problem?

The best thing to do is to use a switch to connect all cable-based computers and routers. Then you can also easily add new clients.

networkfre@k