Trouble installing software with swinst

Hello.
I am having issues with my HP-UX 10.20 system. It was a functioning system and I don't know where it went awry. Whenever I attempt to use the swinstall or swlist commands, the system hangs and never comes back. This happens whether I use the CDE GUI or via the SIO console. I sometimes get a message that the system is being initialized and it still hangs forever. I did notice that the disk was full and I have made some room, but I think it was only due to the core dumps I had caused during this process.
Originally I thought it may be the DNS causing the issue. But, I can ping the host & host.domain. I can nslookup host and it returns the correct IP. I can ping other workstations too.
Please let me know what additional details to include to help aid in the diagnosis.

I was going to re-install the OS but am having issues there too, but I'll leave that for another day :confused:

Thanks,
Gerard

a 10.20 can be very fussy about DNS when rebooting...to such an extend it refuses to boot...
One way to overcome it to boot single user, mount all then check all the config files using /sbin/set_parms (do a man of this command...)
Then check all file systems (/etc/fstab - look if no NFS entries...)

Sorry leaving work now (14 hours... I will start doing silly things soon...)