Transport to another server within a script.

I'm not sure how to phrase this...

We currently have a server that we have to load a special kind of file onto, to do this we have a script that someone on my team wrote years ago called emm <file>. We recently added another server to our system, so every file that's added on one has to be added to the other. I want to write a script that will scp the file to the other server, run the original script locally, and then ssh to the other system and run it there. I tried just doing

ssh $owner@10.252.1.1 '/export/home/dncs/bin/emm $1'

But there's something in the actual script (emm) that is causing it not to work, sadly I don't have the the actual error message as I'm not at work right now, but it had something to do with the script calling on who am i, as well as some other problems.

I'm really not advanced enough to try to rewrite the original script, so I'm curious. Is there some other syntax for ssh that would actually take the user to the other server and execute the command as if it were being done locally?

According your description given below
you have this
server1 - which has the script 'emm' and filename 'file'
server2 - which has the script 'emm'
and you want to do this
1) scp the 'file' to server2 from server1
2) run the script 'emm file' on server2 from server1

If that is your requirement, you can achieve this by
1) scp the file to server2

2) run the script remotely

but both these steps would require to login to server2 from server1 which would require the login credentials,
If that bothers you, you can implement the ssh authentication without passwords which is a one time event and a simple 2 step procedure
1) run this command on server1

2) run this command on server2

Noe you'll able to connect to server2 from server1 without any password
and run any command on server2 from server1

Hard to say without the error output. Maybe try setting $owner to ${owner} but this does must not be the reason why you get errors (it's just for safety of substitution through the shell). And if you can post your and the "emm"-script too, that would be helpful too. Best use the [ code ] and [ /code ] tags in this forum to present the code eye friendly.
Without error output it's just guessing around.