Transfer of zipped folder from windows desktop to UNIX server

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to unix. My requirement is to create an automation script which will transfer a zipped folder from my/remote desktop to an unix server. Tools lik WinSCP shouldnt be used. No manual moving. I use putty to connect to server. I couldnt find any help on this topic. Should i use ftp commands? If yes, how? What is the basic requirement(security n access-wise) for this transfer to happen? Pls help.

Difficult to help you, for you would have to write a script for DOS/windows, that means a .bat file and thats more than 20 years since I done such stuff...
What was your idea? - using a script on the server to get from your PC ?

That could be done using smbget

1 Like

unless you are able to run IIS on your desktop, you cannot run ftp from a unix server to your windows desktop ... you may be able to run ftp from a windows desktop to a unix server if ftp is enabled on that server ...

search for "ftp" here in the forums and just follow the scripts created modifying them according to windows requirements (i.e., unix uses /home/dir while windows uses c:\users\dir) ...

1 Like

yes. i have to write a script in the server to copy/retrieve a file from my desktop to the server. but i shouldnt install any new tools/software for that.. purely script.. i think ftp is the way.. but how to do it?

---------- Post updated at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:20 PM ----------

will search for that.. thanks