Top 10 Users in mount level

Hi Members,

I'm new to unix. Could you help me in solving my issue.

My requirement is I need to pull Top 15 users in every mount. I could able to get the mount level information but I couldn't able to pull the top users in every mount. I see in every mount I could see a lot of nested folders.

For example;
If I looking to mount A in this I could see folder A folder B folder C and again in each folder i,e Folder A i could one more folder A1. This is where my data sets are available.

Totally i have around 20 mount point (approx).

Could you help me to solve my problem.

Regards,
Sam

Most efficient is to query disk quotas. Disk quotas must be enabled on the system that owns the data (NFS server if NFS is used); it's not necessary to use limits.
Less efficient: run a find -ls on the folders and post-process the output (with awk or perl or shell-builtins).

My OS is Solaris and I'm not aware of the NFS thing. Could you share some sample code.We are planning to generate the reports on mount level who are TOP users.

It is difficult for us to share sample code when your requirements are so nebulous.

The title of your thread is "Top 10 Users in mount level" but the text in your first post says " I need to pull Top 15 users in every mount". Are you looking for 10 users or 15 users?

What makes a user a Top user? Is it the number of files in a file hierarchy rooted in a mount point owned by a user? Is it the number of blocks allocated to the files in a file hierarchy rooted in a mount point owned by a user? Is it the sum of the sizes of the files in a file hierarchy in directories owned by the user in a directory that is a mount point? Is it the number of blocks that have been read from files in the file hierarchy rooted in a mount point by processes run by that user? If you're looking at a mount point containing some huge Oracle database files, is Oracle a Top user or are you looking for the Top user to be the database administrator for those Oracle database files? Are you just trying to find out which users invoke the mount utility the most times? ... ... ...

Depending on what you are trying to do, any one or more of the above might be valid questions. And, the way you get an answer to each of those questions is very different from the way you get an answer to most of the other questions in that list.

Please help us help you! Explain more about what you're trying to do.

1 Like