To Fetch a File From FTP server

Hi all,

[LEFT]I need to download a file from ftp server through application server(UNIX server). Which only has sufficient privileges to connect to ftp server. And from that server( app server) i have to get that downloaded file in to my current UNIX server(working server where i am working). we can't directly connect ftp server from my UNIX server. Here i have password less connection between these two servers. please help me with solution.
[/LEFT]

Use Rcp if ftp is disabled

Boy, with a bit more effort you could have made this completely unintelligable.

I don't really understand your post but the phrase "Here i have password less connection between these two servers" would seem to indicate some sort of ssh connection. Trying using secure copy : - Secure copy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ha ha .. i was totally confused but i had to read it 10 times to understand what OP is saying

You can set up a download with f.ex. ncftp on the application server from the ftp server. Then use curl to fetch that file from the application server to your Unix server.

I mean i have 2 unix servers (A, B) and one ftp server. only one unix server (let it be 'A') has privileges to get connect to ftp server and download a file. the another one which does not have privileges to connect to ftp server is UNIX server('B'). A and B unix servers have password less connections. Now i have to download a specific file from ftp server using UNIX server 'B'. please suggest on this.