To Connect to Windows server from Unix server

Hi

i am writing a script in unix where after some validations, i require the script to connect to a windows server and then kich off a batch file there. i tried ftp and got the error message that "the remote host refused an attempted connect operation".

I am able to connect to this unix server from that windows server through ftp but not vice versa. Could someone help me by telling me how to connect or send a file to windows server from a unix script?

thanks
Vidzz

enable ftp demon in your windows machine. you will find it in services some where in contrl pannel. by default its disabled.

Hi amrit

i checked on the windows -> control panel -> administrative tools -> services. I was only able to find one service File Replication. There were no other services like ftp demon or any service that had the name ftp.

would this mean its not possible to use ftp for this particular windows server?

thanks
Vidz

every window server has ftp service.

search in google/microsoft site u will find for your window server.
How To Set Up an FTP Server in Windows Server 2003

Depending on when the script is required to be run on the Windows server is it possible to setup a automatically thing on the Windows server to run the script. Maybe e-mail the output of the script to an account on the Unix computer?

Sorry forgot to add, also what version of Windows?  But you may need to go into the firewall settings and looks for someone like 'exceptions' and allow the FTP port to be open, or if you using the non standard port for FTP add the port to be open for FTP.