There is anyone whu can be my MASTER, my Teacher, my Instractor and my Friend.,

Hellooo
Salute to All.
I am a mini poor STUDENT from a Thirldworld country for learning abt UNIX,MINIX,LINUX etc.
I have not enough wisdom abt above topics.
But I want to walk,run & fly in UNIX,Linux platform.
But I studied in computer science degree...what i did'nt comple at all.
Though i need non-artificial help from good people whu r hungry to help those people whu r like me.

Wish a good time. :cool:

Here's the best way to learn UNIX/linux:

Go get a computer and install it and start playing. Once you have some basics you can start some more advanced configurations. Then start breaking things on purpose to learn how to fix things!

To get you going you can use any/all of the documentation on millions of web pages!!! I personally started with FreeBSD using online documentation. Once you learn one UNIX you should have a solid base for any other and be able to adapt quickly/easily. :slight_smile:

What message you want to convey here? I think here most of members are the same, 40-50% of our members belong to 3rd world countries, like South Asia and Africa but we are all same on this board. There is no difference. We all are learners, you can post your questions and our members will be more than happy to answer your queries.

Regards,
Tayyab

Shereen,

I agree with Tayyab.

You can post your problems/queries and you will certainly get a suitable reply to that.

--
Atul

Agreed! That's the really the best way to learn. Pick up an older PC, download an ISO of linux, or freebsd, install the OS. Download some documentation from the web, and start learning on your own. I recommend www.tldp.org for some great Linux documentation. That's really the best way to learn Linux is from self-study, practice, trial-and-error, etc. Pretty soon, you'll be writting scripts, and finding ways to automate tasks, and do some really cool things with linux/unix. Good luck.

outta.

good everyone, thats a good spirit to share and i think no one is master here and yet everyone is master of their own. keep it up guys and gals.

go to www.linux.org

both of you people who are trying to convey that south asia is 3rd world, with due respect please consider yourselve that YOU ARE YOURSELF 3rd world people not South Asia.

Take it easy, man. I do not like rating countries that way either, but do not take it as an offense. It's not. This is the UNIX forum, not the where-are-you-from forum. That's not important. As Tayyab himself says,

Regards.