The Dark Years of UNIX (2003 - 2011) | A Decade Lost to Legal Battles | YouTube Video

The Dark Years of UNIX (2003 - 2011) | A Decade Lost to Legal Battles | UNIX and Linux Legal Attacks

https://youtu.be/ILH5CVYdl8w

Here is the second video in the "history of unix" short videos. The first video was on the "great history of UNIX" and this second video covers the "years of legal battles" in a very short, dramatic, cinematic presentation.

1 Like

Hi, Neo.

Thanks, I like it. In the last frame, There were no winners ..., the type size was small and went by too quickly for me to be able to read it in one viewing ... cheers, drl

1 Like

It's a video, so just hit the pause button :slight_smile:

If I make if "slower" some will complain it is too slow, so better to keep it faster and if anyone really wants to read something in detail, they can pause or play again :slight_smile:

I agree I should have made the type bigger in that frame, but then I would have had to make some major changes to the structure of the After Effects file and render again, so I called it "good enough for now".

Cheers and Thanks.

Glad you liked it. I was not going to make it, but then decided "what the heck" when I ran across that epic, dramatic sound track, which had the "sad mood" the story needed.

Now, that "that sad history video" is done, I can go on to make something more positive and cheerful :slight_smile:

FWIW: Here is that "small text" from the last frame:

1 Like

Next video I will be more careful about small font sizes for sure :slight_smile:

On mobile, the text is too small for sure (it's ok on my 34" monitor, LOL)

Especially since I am too lazy to do voice overs, I will try to make the text easier to read on mobile and small screens.

1 Like

Hey DRL,

Was trying out new video editing software, Davinci Resolve 16, so I decided to change the font sizes on this video as you requested.

I also changed the music (less dramatic, more epic) and added some new "darkness" audio effects to match the intro, outro and overall theme (for fun).

Will upload the link to the new video when I get the final render done and uploaded to YT.

Thanks for the comment. Comments are welcome and always appreciated.

EDIT:

https://youtu.be/6A2MCbf1bcM

(not so happy with the new audio background track.... but it's time to move on to a new project).

1 Like

Hi, Neo.

Thanks for taking the time to improve it -- easier to read for me ... cheers, drl

1 Like

I just got this "too kind" comment in my inbox about this latest video:

LOL... it's not bad, for sure :slight_smile: