Terminal

People, what util can help me as a terminal for COM connection with a Zyxel modem so that I can connect to another server (p630) with the same modem through a dedicated line???

And also does anybody know where can I put a question about Storage Area Networking?? I am having problems with setting an ILS (inter switch link) connection between two SANs. The port sees the connection but not more.. How?

thx, in advance

People, what's wrong with you??? :confused:
22 views and no reply.. Nobody knows how to do this??
Blyaa, kakoy, pozor...
C'mon.. Anybody, who has at least any ideas about...

Dilshik,

Please read the rules of these forums.

Realize that many of the people answering answers here are doing so on their own time - those that know something about AIX may be few and far between. If 22 views were made on your post, at least some of us were looking at your problem to see if we could assist. Myself, I have dealt with AIX once in my 10+ years for only 6 months. I have pretty much forgotten all I knew about it.

The one thing I do remember is that IBM has great documentation - use it. Try Implementing SANS

dilshik,

also w/ a topic as vague as yours of course your going to have people open it and read your thread.

Terminal could be 100 things.

but your problem should have read: terminal for Zyxel modem

i would just be happy that someone took the time to open the thread and read it.

i use aix but i dont use modems.

Ok, I am sorry, if I have annoyed someone with my reply..
I didn't mean it.. It's just the problem was very crucial to solve as soon as possible, and nobody was answering..

By the way, FYI, I have found the solution and it is - "cu".. :slight_smile:
I knew that AIX has a huge amount of utils, but couldn't recall this one.. You can find out everything by : man cu

About the documentation on ILS, I have the documentation from IBM, but it is not very detailed, you know.. So I was having problems with setting up a link between two Fabric switches..

But as I have found out, the problems was in wrong zoning and that the domain ids of each switch was same...

By the way, also, I am sorry for my English... Probably it does suck a lot.. :frowning: