Terminal Services access to NFS

Hi,

I am currently looking into a issue that has me scratching my head somewhat. Users from our branch down south use terminal services to work on within there windows desktop. The user used to be able to access NFS via her terminal services screen rather than reverting back to her windows desktop and entering via this route.

Our windows support guy is addament that this is a unix issue despite the issue only becoming apparent following an upgrade of terminal services. I have tried manipulating the users.map file in a few ways. I think the issue lays with the fact that her old windows log on and her old terminal services log on used to be the same. So when accessing NFs via terminal services previously the user map file was picking up the user name and granting her access. Her TS log on is now appended with a 2 so for example if it were me with the issue the windows log on would be:

cwiggle

and the TS log on - 2cwiggle

Now obviously these do not match with in the users.map file on NFS, i have tried having 2 entries for her with the 2 different log ons, i have also tried having the user with one entry but both the windows and TS usernames next to each other. Has anyone ever come across this issue before/know a work around? I am really just after a 2nd opinion as to whether this is a unix support issue and im being silly or if it is vice versa and i am right in stating that this is probably a TS setting somewhere? The only remaining thing i can think of trying is to get the terminal services name changed to the same as her windows log on again if possible?

Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks

I didn't know that Windows had "native" access to NFS shares... is that possible?
I've always used cygwin and/or Windows SFU... Perhaps that's the problem your user has (the NFS support)... I don't know... :slight_smile:
Regards.