Terminal Emulation Issue

I am having issues with installation of Sterling-Gentran:Server for UNIX 6.1. The issue within the secadmin setup. I can get into the Security Admin Setup Screens and can navigate within but cannot reply to a popup screen (the software is asking me to confirm "YES" or "NO" and none of the keys on the keyboard work to do the confirmation) The UNIX operating system is SUN and I have tried to used several terminal emulations (e.g. VT100, VT220, xterm).

did you tried with vt1000 ?

Thanks for the reply... I just tried using vt1000 (TERM=vt1000: VVTERM=vt1000) but the software rejected it ("TERM not found in VVTERMCAP file")
However this gives me a lead in that I now know that the TERM id is verified against a file!
I probably need to find the Sterling GENTRAN web site and post the question on it...
Thanks

You can also try ansi .

Although 'ansi' appears to be a valid TERM id (based on the VVTERMCAP file) I still could not 'reply' to the Yes/No confirmation popup window..
Thanks anyway...

is vt1000 the terminal from the future? :wink: Try VT100

Thanks for the reply... I was grabbing at straws when I tried vt1000.. it's got me stumped...The TERM id and VVTERM were originally set to vt100. When I executd the process, the Security Admin login screen appeared and asked for a password. I entered it and hit <enter> and nothing happened. We tried vt220 with the same results.Th only one that semi-worked was 'xterm'. Set both TERM and VVTERM to xterm and was able to enter password by using the Tab or the PF10 key (also ctl-m appeared to work) but when the confirmation screen poped up I was stumped. the Tab key would toggle beween the Yes and No options but the PF10, ctl-m and esc-0 didn't work!!! even tried the Y and N key with no success)...