TCP over serial

Here's my config: One quadra 840av working under netBSD and successfully connected to my network. One PM 6100 connected but not booting fully into netBSD (i realize this is faulty but I figured it was worth a shot to try and install netBSD/mac68k on it due to the fact it is unsupported under the netBSD/macppc model.)

Anyways, I have a few other non-ethernet-ready machines sitting around, and i was wondering if it was at all possible to tunnel a tcp connection over the serial bus... what I want to do is to basically route the connection from the Quadra to the other machines via serial to the Quadra then to the enet network via ethernet.

Question number two... where can I find a copy of mklinux? it would seem that they're all but deceased from the world; I realize this is totally off topic, but I figured if anyone would know, it would be you. What other *NIX OSes do you think the 6100 would run (besides the wreck of a netBSD/mac68k I already have.)

Thanks everyone!
DAZ

Okay so i got far enough to figure out i need to configure SL/IP to get it working. Now, my issue is, how do I identify and configure the interface on each machine. I've tried dmesg but (in case you cant tell) I don't know what to look for.

TIA!
DAZ