Tape Drive No Stp SCSI device configured

We recently had a mother board failure in our Dell Poweredge 2500 server. The server is running SCO Open Server 5.0 as the base operating system. The overlying software is custom software unique to our business. The company that wrote the software is not willing to support and only want's to push their new windows based system. After the MB failure I fortunately had 2 additional Poweredge servers that were purchased as parts machines however both worked but had a Windows operating system on them. I baiscially took all of trhe parts from the broken 2500 and put them onto one of the new boxes. Everythng works perfectly with the excepition being the tape drive back up. I went into the bios and I can find the tape drive however the software does not. The error I get CONFIG: No Stp SCSI devices configured (unit 0 missing). The tape drive worked perfectly fine and my last sucessfull back up was 8/1. The Tape Drive is a Dell Model STD2401LW. I have the configuration currently set for RAID ENABLED CHANNEL A - RAID CHANNEL B SCSI. I am a complete SCO novice. The Dell BIOS Version is A07 if I try and force a bakc up I get the same error followed by tar: cannot open: /dev/rct0. I will admit I am completly over my head on this. I have a medium level skill set with windows operating systems but completly zero with SCO. I have tried Dell buy even giving them the service tag they are of absolutly zero help. even offering to pay their support fee's. I feel like it's something in the bios but at the end of the day I truly don't know. I don't see a picture option of I would upload pics of ecatly what I am looking at. My biggest problem nere is this server runs the business software and I am scared to death to destroy the drives. The machine is running 3 18.6 gig hard drives in the raid configuration. Hoping someone might be able to assist or steer me in a direction .. Thx in advance

Welcome!
(New users are restricted regarding posting links and pics.)
I think the BIOS device detection is not used in the OS. But I dont know SCO Unix well.
Ensure the SCSI target ID of the tape drive is unchanged, and it is connected to the same SCSI bus - as before!

Is the tape drive on its own SCSI HBA?

It looks like the O/S is not seeing the HBA and/or tape drive on the new mobo.

The configuration tool(s) for setting up such devices within the O/S are:

# scoadmin

and/or

# mkdev tape

Both are scripted so you should just be able to answer the questions. Unfortunately, it will probably require you to relink the kernel so ahead of that, copy /unix to /unix.old

Then, if the system has a problem booting the relinked kernel, you can enter unix.old at the boot: prompt.

If there is a second scsi adapter, it is quite possible that the adapter is configured on a different interrupt than the original
If you look at the file /usr/adm/messages, you should see the hardware configuration that the old system had and can compare it to the current system, that is, the hardware configuration that is displayed during boot up is appended to this file.
You can also look at the file /etc/conf/cf.d/mscsi.
If you have or can install Anydesk on one of your workstations, I may be able to help directly. My contact info is in my profile.
After further thought: check the hardware config in an older boot in /usr/adm/messages, then modify the PCI configuration in CMOS to match. It is likely that the scsi adapter(s) have different interrupts than the old mb.