Tape Drive Logs?

I've recently been tasked with "refurbishing" an HP Proliant ML370 running SCO 5.0...something. This is primarily used for legacy support and is kept on a shelf for safe keeping. The scope of work includes hardware diagnostics and blowing the dust out.

I have run HP diagnostics on the array, memory, cpu, run a cleaning tape through the drive, and blown the server out. The server has a Quantum DTS40 tape drive and found solaris and windows utilities, but nothing for SCO.

I was somewhere in SCO to test the tape drive or to look for logs on previous backups? If need be, I can kick off a manual backup and look for the log files, but I don't know where to find the logs.

Use the 'tape' command to display status etc.

#tape status

Error messages are pretty much all together in /usr/adm/messages or /usr/adm/syslog

#uname -X

will display the exact version.
There is also a script that you can download from SCO support page that reports useful information. The SCO Group, Inc. | Support | Support Services
There is also the Compaq EFS (Extended Feature Supplement) that may have been installed, you can use it for hardware diagnostics. This supplement is on the Proliant Faststart CD.