TAIGA Debian12

hello friends,
i am installing taiga with docker following the official guide: Taiga 30min Setup - Tutorials and Guides - Taiga Community
but I can't send mails with the invitations, I already configured the SMTP the outgoing port and the mail with which I will send messages.

I checked logs and I see that the messages go out by system@taiga.io and that is why the emails with the invitation to new users do not reach the recipients.
Any suggestions?

Subject: Test email from aaec33c2cec0 on 2023-11-20 15:19:59.448431+00:00

Hi @castlhe,

probably you have to set EMAIL_DEFAULT_FROM in your .env file. See e.g. Taiga docker: Email only works with CONSOLE backend - Self hosted Taiga - Taiga Community

AFAIR, all email settings are in local.py file

Something like this (cut and pasted from the web):

EMAIL_BACKEND=console  # use an SMTP server or display the emails in the console (either "smtp" or "console")
EMAIL_HOST=smtp.host.example.com  # SMTP server address
EMAIL_PORT=587   # default SMTP port
EMAIL_HOST_USER=user  # user to connect the SMTP server
EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD=password  # SMTP user's password
EMAIL_DEFAULT_FROM=changeme@example.com  # email address for the automated emails

# EMAIL_USE_TLS/EMAIL_USE_SSL are mutually exclusive (only set one of those to True)
EMAIL_USE_TLS=True  # use TLS (secure) connection with the SMTP server
EMAIL_USE_SSL=False  # use implicit TLS (secure) connection with the SMTP server

What does your "EMAIL_DEFAULT_FROM" variable say?

Remember if you edit anything in there to restart your container afterwards.

hi @hicksd8 thank you for your reply.

that configuration I have detailed in the environment variable file .ENV

imagen
The asterisks are for security purposes only, the EMAIL_DEFAULT_FROM account is the same as EMAIL_HOST_USER.

I have not modified the py file you mention

but, check this:

why this value is blank, if it is declared in the .env file?