T5240 netmgmt port not blinking

I was trying to configure the netmgmt from the serial and set commitpending to true. However, the netmgmt port is not up and blinking.
I tried to connect using my notebook directly to the netmgmt port and am not able to ping as well. Previouly i was doing the firmware upgrade using the webconsole. Now i set the new IP for the netmgmt. and the port is not up

shownetwork -v

showsc

showenvironment

showhost

its an iLOM
show /SP/network

/SP/network
Targets:

Properties:
commitpending = \(Cannot show property\)
dhcp\_server_ip = none
ipaddress = 0.0.0.0
ipdiscovery = dhcp
ipgateway = 0.0.0.0
ipnetmask = 0.0.0.0
macaddress = 00:21:28:26:5C:8F
pendingipaddress = 0.0.0.0
pendingipdiscovery = dhcp
pendingipgateway = 0.0.0.0
pendingipnetmask = 0.0.0.0
state = enabled

Commands:
cd
set
show

-> set /SP/network pendingipdiscovery=static pendingipaddress=192.24.12.12 pendingipgateway=192.24.12
.10 pendingipnetmask=255.255.255.0 commitpending=true
Set 'pendingipdiscovery' to 'static'
Set 'pendingipaddress' to '192.24.12.12'
Set 'pendingipgateway' to '192.24.12.10'
Set 'pendingipnetmask' to '255.255.255.0'
Set 'commitpending' to 'true'

FYI
Commitpending will always show as "Cannot Show property " only even after setting it's value as true.

Please go through the below document for your referrence.

Configuring the System Console

login as admin y have default alom
sc> usershow
Username Permissions Password CLI mode
root aucro Assigned default
admin Administrator Assigned alom

or

cd /SP/network

set pendingipdiscovery=static

set pendingipaddress=192.24.12.12

set pendingipgateway=192.24.12.10

set pendingipnetmask=255.255.255.0

set commitpending=true

Its the same right? Even the order does not seems to make a difference I guess..:o

the commands not help?

then

login as admin

shownetwork -v

showsc

showenvironment

showhost

Its NOT ALOM, iLOM :slight_smile:

i know!

but admin has default cli mode ALOM

oh.. so can you tell me what im supposed to do now? can provide the steps?

btw whats the password for admin? the default SP a/c came with root id.

test

admin and changeme

or use root account and ilom to change the pw for admin

Invalid login
Note - The default username when connecting to the service processor for the first time is root. The default password is changeme.

you have to create the admin user... by default there is only the user root. have you resetet the SP and/or cut of power and do a "cold" restart of the server? after that try again to setup the ip parameter...

I did reset the SP as well as I did a init 5 to shutdown and power off. I did not plug out the power cords.

be sure to set the network to 100mbit(!) fdx and do a full powercycle. after that try to setup the ip...

May I know whats the syntax?

you have to that it to 100mbit at the switch. not from ilom!

hhmmm... will check on that :frowning:
Btw, if the problem was at the switch end, then why was I not even able to ping from my notebook to the port then?

You don't need to issue init 5's or poweroff anything. reset /SP should do the trick. If the link light is not even blinking, then you have other issues. Link lights blink as long as there's a physical connection, even if the interface is not configured.

I don't want to assume what you have done so far, so here's what I would do first:

1.- determine if my connection to the switch is good. You can easily do that by hard-setting the iLOM IP in your laptop and connecting the very same iLOM cable to your laptop. If that works, then you know the problem is at the iLOM.

2.- Re-connect the iLOM to the switch, then reset the SP and see what happens to the link light.
a) if it never blinks, you have a bad iLOM.
b) if it blinks for a while but then it stops, check the iLOM's firmware level. You may need to update it.