System reboot shows blank screen

we are using sun solaris sunfire v445, yesterday improperly shutdown the server
and now while restart the system show a screen which is blank and the hard disc drive indicator light is also not glowing.

Screen? Do you mean: nothing printed when you login to ALOM?
If there is not a single alive sign, remove power cords for 30 seconds.

ya i removed the power cord and open the machine and cleaned the memory.
again the same, showing a abstract color on the screen.

---------- Post updated at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:39 AM ----------

when i press the start button and waited for 5 mins the a screen with abstract color will be shown. after that nothing will be shown.

Please explain what your "screen" is! A (defective) graphics card?
Do you know what I mean with ALOM?

1 Like

Plug in the serial connection located usually at the back of the machine, then check ALOM.
If you know the IP address of the machine if it is static then try pinging it, if alive then telnet or ssh into it.
That might give some clues...

1 Like

actually day before yesterday the machine was done emergency shutsdown by pressing the power button reason the monitor display was not clear means it shows the graphic interface with some grains but server was working fine and application also woriking.After that when i started the machine started and all the indicator lights are ok in the front panel the "ok"( light green) is blinking but the hard drive lights are not signaling, only while starting the ,machine by pressig the power button those light will give green signal and go away. The screen I mean to say monitor, after starting the machine it takes 5 mins then some grains with diffferent colors showing on the monitor.nothing other than that. no welcome screen i am able see.I am new to solaris machine so i am not getting what u mean ALOM and serial connection.hope now u got some more info , thanks for your replies if any suggestion much appriciated.

Then you have definitely a broken graphics card!
The rest of the system might work nevertheless, you should try ping|ssh|telnet access over the Ethernet LAN!
Get a new graphics card, and also get used to ALOM!
ALOM has a direct serial connector (9600, 8, 1, xon/xoff) and an Ethernet connector. From ALOM you get console access: you see what the system is doing at boot time, and after successful Solaris boot it goes to a (non-graphical) Solaris login. Google for: V445 ALOM serial connector

I tried ping command with ip address,
but it was not pinging result is request time out.
if the server is ok then it should allow to connect the application.
the application is also not be
access.

I tried telnet command also but no response

ya i found the problem it was from the graphics card. we remove the car and got into ALOM
and tried to poweron the machine but at the end some error while opening the disk its showing. can you tell me what are the command to give if there is disk read error.

Disk read error? Sounds like a defective disk.

The following assumes it wants to boot from the defective disk.
Do you have redundant OS disks i.e. mirrored?
Then pull the defective disk and (if correctly configured) it will boot from the second disk.

how to identify the defective disk,
md:du2: read error on /dev/dsk.coc7d0 error=5
showing something like this

---------- Post updated at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:29 AM ----------

where to check the logs so that i can show u the exact error it showing