System Reboot Log

Hello Everyone ,

I am a new member to this forum and came to know about this from so many of my friends . I face one issue last day when suddenly the system got rebooted ( But don,t know why ) . Can someone please help me in investigating this issue as to why the system got rebooted and who initiated this . Where the logs for this reboot would be and the advanced commands to check if any .

Thanks a lot in advance !:slight_smile:

Hi gera_sachin125,

Before running any commands always check your man pages for backround & detailed information;

example :

<snip start>
bash-2.05$ man more
Reformatting page. Please Wait... done

User Commands more(1)

NAME
more, page - browse or page through a text file
<snip end>

HELP WITH YOUR INVESTIGATIONS

This may help you along, your log file for system messages are located in /var/adm;

as root user or with root permission, do;

root@Hostname# more /var/adm/messages

(This will provide you with system information of reboots and other activites which have taken place on the host system)

root@hostname# tail -50 /var/adm/sulogs

(This will provide you with the last 50 lines of the entries in /var/adm/sulog, all users who have logged in as root, or logged in as a standard user & has become root)

I hope this is of help

Jnike

Thanks so much for the reply Jnike. I indeed found out the last user who login and then switch to root . But in the end it was all thanks to a Tape Librarian who gave a Hard Reboot to the machine...I cant find out any log for this in /var/adm/messages .

Thanks for the help !!

Glad to be of help:b:

Jnike

Check also your Hardware. This also can be the reason that Solaris rebooted.
Connected your Solaris to Internet or Intranet?