System copy with flarcreate

Hi, i'm trying to make a system copy from one server to another (solaris 9), they have the same configuration. I've tried to create a flash archive using the flarcreate but the flash file size is 5.06 approx. and the method the flarcreate is using is CPIO and he cannot handle sizes over 4 GB.

Is there an option to put the flarcreate in pax mode, or maybe there is other method of copyng a solaris system to another i can try???

Talking generically
As with any *nix or windows OS, copying systems files from 1 system to another, even with identical hardware leads to many complications

*Virtual memory needs to be recreated
*Hostname\IP re-created
*Many /etc files to be updated
*SID (as used in AIX & Windows) would have to be changed -> re-install

Apologies if i could't help with your problem specifically, but highlighiting the headaches, post-op

flash archives are reasonably portable if the hardware is close enough but we've done this and found it highly inconventiant. In particular, a number of additional apps (inlcuding Sun's SRS NetConnect for example) store the hostname in their config during install so changing it later create contradictions.

However, you should be able to create flars larger than 4gb using the default options. Are you sure that's what it stopping you?