sys cron not running

Hi all,
I have a solris 10 machine and i am facing some strange issues.
My sys user cron is not executing.
Can any one help on this issue?

root@antsdp1b>svcs -a|grep -i cron
online          1:08:55 svc:/system/cron:default
root@antsdp1b>

the cron process is also running. but whatever i schedule in the sys user cron, it is not executing. However the same thing was working earlier.

Regards
Vivek

Is your user in the cron group?

@Corona688: how to check that?

run groups as that user

Look into the cron.allow file in /etc/cron.d and add sys user to it.

If cron.allow is not there, then look for cron.deny and sys user must not be in there, if yes then remove it.

Regards,
Vishal

I had a similar problem.... cron jobs were running great, we had a power flash, and no more cron jobs.

The system time on the old 486 that I'm using was incorrect. That is not unusual after a power flash, so I reset it. This time, it did not fix the problem. Still no cron. The hwclock was incorrect, so I reset that, but no still no cron.

I found somewhere on a forum that you could use ls -lut /etc/init.d/crond to see when the crond process was last started. The date was Feb of 2012. My battery that keeps the time on the HW clock must be bad.

I stopped the process using /etc/init.d/crond stop then restarted the process using /etc/init.d/crond start. This fixed my problems.

Your crond process may start from somewhere else, maybe /etc/rc.d/init.d./. YMMV.

Hope this helps

Roger